Adult Waterfall Format
Draws and Schedule - The draws and schedule have been posted. As always things could change, but if anything does change with your draw you will be notified by text message.
Womens Draws - Due to having 26 teams, two higher level teams will receive first round byes in the Waterfall. Everyone else will play two Waterfall matches on Friday. Both of these matches will be 8 game pro sets no-ad. After both Waterfall matches the teams will be seeded 1-26 based on the results of the two matches. Once all teams have been seeded and placed in Pools, On Saturday, everyone play two matches, and one more on Sunday. All Matches on Saturday and Sunday are regular scoring with a third set tiebreaker.
Mixed Draws - Everyone will play two Waterfall matches on Friday. Both of these matches will be 8 game pro sets no-ad. After both Waterfall matches the teams will be seeded 1-16 based on the results of the two matches. Once all teams have been seeded and placed in Pools, all teams will play two matches on Saturday and one Match on Sunday. All three of these matches will be regular scoring with a 3rd set Tiebreaker.
The times listed for the matches are ESTIMATES. You could play anywhere from 30 mins before to 30 mins after the listed time. We really try to stay right on time if not early with all of our draws, but sometimes mother nature, or long matches affect that. So with that, all players must arrive (and ready to play) a minimum of 20 minutes before their listed start time. As soon as courts are available we will be looking to put matches on the courts. If a court is available and we are within the 20 minutes of your estimated match time and you or your partner are not present we will start the default clock of 15 mins. When you arrive for your matches, just check in with the tournament desk letting us know you and your partner are ready to go. As soon as your opponents are available and we have a court we will get you going.
Arrive a minimum of 30 minutes early for your first match so we will have time to get your team pictures taken and go over all the rules prior to matches. It is the player’s responsibility to keep track of their match times. We will be happy to assist, but whatever is on the actual draw boards posted and whatever is posted on our website are the official times.
Practice-Warm Up Courts will very rarely be available.
With the number of matches needed to be played each day we will be using all courts available to us. With so many matches needed to be played we really need all your help to keep things going. Remember if we get behind on your court it will affect your matches later in the day.
Limit your warm up time to 5 mins. Keep your Change over times to 3 mins max play tennis… chit chat after the matches
- Check into Silver Dunes – Located 1030 East Highway 98, Destin, FL 32541 - 1-800-231-6729. Accommodations are under the name of the person who registered the team or group.
Arrivals: Guest can check in at the front desk located on site, starting at 4:00 pm on their check in day. They will go over information about the property rules and regulations, and keyless information at this time. The office is straight ahead once guest pull the gate.
LATE ARRIVALS: Guests that will arrive after office hours are asked to call the office 1 day prior to arrival for the gate code. If security is not in the guard house upon arrival, please enter the gate code at the call box and pull forward to the front of the office. Buildings A and B are located on the right (west) side of property and buildings C and D are located on the left (east) side of property. The penthouse building is where the office is located. The keyless entry code is printed on the front of your arrival packet. This code will start working at 4:00pm CST and stop working at 10:00am CST on your check out day. If you have any questions or concerns after hours please call security. They are on site until 1:00 am CST. You can reach them at 850-837-6043.
- Check into Hampton Inn - Niceville – Located 4400 Ansley Drive Niceville, FL 32578. Accommodations are under the name of the person who registered the team or group.
- Player Clinic – Thursday night at Bluewater Bay Tennis Courts at 6:00. Please check the clinic list to verify.
- All players should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to matches. The time schedule is just a guideline, your court could be called up to 30 minutes before the time listed.
- Players should check-in before EVERY match all weekend at the tournament desk at the facility your match is scheduled. Before the first match players will be given a Racquet War Tennis Towel and other items, plus have their team picture taken.
- Matches start at 10:00 am and run until around 3:00 pm that afternoon. All matches will be held at The Bluewater Bay tennis courts.
- Everyone will be on their own for lunch today.
- Racquet War Veterans Ceremony – at Center Court 2:00-2:10. All the current Racquet War Veterans will be recognized and new members will be presented with their Veteran Cups.
- Pro AM Event - Racquet War Pro Am; at Center Court 2:15-2:45.
- Match Point Event and Basket Giveaway – at Center Court 2:45-4:00. All players can team up to partner in both women's and mixed doubles and play a 1 point tournament. Beer/Wine, Snacks will be provided. Cash prizes available. Lots of fun and cash!
- All Matches start at 9:00 am and run until around 5:00 pm that night.
- Lunch will be provided today outside by the courts
- All Matches start at 9:00 am and run until around 12:00 pm.