Adult Waterfall Format
- FAQ Racquet War 2020 National Championship
- Registration endsThursday, May 29, 2020 at midnight or when draws fill @ Omni Amelia Island Plantation
- Register WaterFall Rules & Regulations
Ponte Vedra Players,
Well, yesterday, was a very stressful day for Racquet War and myself. I received an email a little after 11:00 a.m. yesterday that the Ponte Vedra courts would not be available to us. I made several calls but was told that there was nothing that could be done. I called my connection at the Omni Plantation at the Amelia Island resort and asked if they would be interested in us moving the entire event there. After several phone calls, emails, and logistical issues, we got more courts and more reasonable accommodations all lined up at Amelia.
Here are the changes or differences in Ponte Vedra & Amelia:
- We might not be able to have the clinic. We will just have to wait and see how things are at the time, but at worst, we will have courts available on Thursday night for players to go out and hit. If we do have to cancel the clinic, we will, of course, refund anyone who added it separately.
- All accommodations are Oceanfront in the main hotel, King or 2 Queens. So everything is the same. Except I was able to get the accommodations $25 less per night. Everyone staying will be getting a credit back for $25 per room per night. These credits will be sent back to the person who registered for the room.
- Airport to the Facility – Basically the same to both Ponte Vedra and Amelia Island.
- More Courts at Amelia – Instead of a Maximum of 13 courts in Ponte Vedra, we now have 20 in Amelia. This difference means we don’t have to start at 7:30 every morning and finish at 9:30 each night.
- Courts are more spread out in Amelia than Ponte Vedra, allowing people more freedom to sit around and watch tennis without being on top of each other.
- We had already decided against the Match Point and Pro Am events in Ponte Vedra due to the closeness of the courts. In Amelia, we at least have a chance for it due to the openness. We will not make a final decision on this until closer to the event, but at least we have a shot at it.
We currently have 58 womens teams, and 48 mixed. We can now go to 64 womens and 64 mixed. If you do not want to go to Amelia and would like a refund just let us know, but please do so by the end of the weekend so we can fill your spot with someone else. If you are still in for Amelia, no problem we will transfer everything over including your accommodations, you don't need to do a thing! If you currently do not have accommodations and would like to add them on, just let me know how many nights and your arrival day and we will send you an invoice for the difference.
We feel things always happen for a reason. As bad a day as yesterday was, it turned out to be GREAT, and Racquet War is VERY excited about going back to our “second home” in Amelia Island. We look forward to seeing you all there! You can email us any questions or concerns here Info@racquetwar.com.
The Racquet War Team
June 12-14, 2020 - Friday's matches could start as early as 8:00 am.
This could change once the number of entrees has been determined.
- Friday – 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday – 8:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Sunday – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Type of Courts
Outdoor Clay Courts
Omni Amelia Island Plantation Nestled on 1,350 acres at the tip of a barrier island off the Florida coast, this beautiful resort offers luxurious oceanfront accommodations with unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean, world-class resort pools, championship golf, and a full-service spa. Whether you prefer to stroll 3.5 miles of pristine beach, spend the day kayaking through Amelia Island’s preserved marshlands or tee off on one of our award-winning golf courses, you’ll never run out of adventure in this idyllic destination.
Thursday, May 28, 2020 at midnight or when draws fill
Standard Entry Fee
Standard Entry fees are built into the package deals for accommodations, but if players strictly wish to only pay for tournament fees entry fee is $135 per player or $270 per doubles team.
Players may sign up as individuals if they do not want to put together their own team. We will match up these players together and form teams.
- Individual Sign up Fee - $135
What is included with the standard Racquet War entry?
The famous Racquet War colored towel, a custom metal bag tag, team photo and magnet, players social on Friday afternoon at the courts for the Pro-AM and Match Points event, lunch on Saturday, gatorade, and all the bananas you can eat!
Add on options for the standard Racquet War entry.
Thursday Night Clinic - One hour clinic on the courts to prepared you for the next day. With a cold beer waiting for you afterwards - $25 per player
Merchandise Package - One long sleeve dri fit shirt with the Racquet War 2020 schedule on the back and a RW custom made dampner. - $35 per player
Full refunds are given up to four weeks of the event. If withdrawal is made within 4 weeks but before the draws are posted a 50% refund will be given. Once the draws have been posted or we are within two weeks of the tournament there are no refunds whatsoever.
Womens and Mixed Doubles. (Since we are not actually running the tournament by NTRP levels, all levels are allowed.)
How Double Teams Can Be Formed?
All teams are made up of just two people. You and your partner will play all your matches together all weekend long. One of the best part of Racquet War's waterfall format is the ability for players to partner up with anyone at any level. For example, if you have a NTRP USTA 3.5 rating and want to play with a good friend of your who has a NTRP USTA 4.5 rating you can do so. The format (described below) of the tournament ends up putting you and your partner in the correct bracket for your level. So while we do collect your NTRP rating, it doesn't matter whatsoever in who your partner is.
All teams will start out in a waterfall bracket (see example of a waterfall bracket on the Rules and Regulations page found below). In the waterfall bracket, all teams will play two 8 game no ad pro sets to determine each doubles team competitive levels. After the two rounds of 8 game pro sets each team will play a minimum of two regular scoring matches with a tiebreaker used as a 3rd set if needed. With this unique format, players do not have to worry about NTRP rating whatsoever and can partner up with whoever they wish, and the double teams end up playing against other double teams of similar skill in their final bracket. Players will only have the option of playing in one draw, Womens or Mixed Doubles as that in itself will be a ton of tennis for the weekend.
Prices and Room Packages
All packages includes
Thursday Night Clinic - One hour clinic on the courts to prepared you for the next day. With a cold beer waiting for you afterwards
Merchandise Package - One long sleeve dri fit shirt with the Racquet War 2020 schedule on the back and a RW custom made dampner.
Plus the standard Racquet War items, our famous Racquet War colored towel, a custom metal bag tag, team photo and magnet, players social on Friday afternoon at the courts for the Pro-AM and Match Points event, lunch on Saturday, gatorade, and all the bananas you can eat!
Oceanfront King for 2 Players or 2 Queens. Includes all resort fees, and all taxes.
- 2 nights - $1060 Total ($530 Per Person, based on 2 people )
- 3 nights - $1365 Total ($682 Per Person, based on 2 people)
- 4 nights - $1670 Total ($835 Per Person, based on 2 people)
Oceanfront 2 Queens for 4 Players. Includes all resort fees, and all taxes.
- 2 nights - $1510 Total ($377 Per Person, based on 4 people)
- 3 nights - $1817 Total ($454 Per Person, based on 4 people)
- 4 nights - $2120 Total ($530 Per Person, based on 4 people)
Need more info? Email, Text or Call Racquet War
Rules and Regulations