Adult Waterfall Format
- Draws and Schedule - The draws and schedule have been posted. As always things could change, but if anything does change with your draw you will be notified by text message.
- Women's Draw Info - All teams will play two 8 game no-ad pro sets on Friday. Due to the uneven number of women's doubles teams, 16 teams will be playing their first round match of their bracket on Friday afternoon after their two pro sets. If you bracket feeds out to C, D,G, or H, you will have a 3rd match Friday afternoon around 1:00. That will give a few of you 3 matches in the day, with two of them only being 8 game no-ad pro sets. On Saturday there is a potential for several teams who lose their first bracket play match to only get one match on Saturday. It was either that or have the potential for teams to play three full matches on Saturday and this way is the lesser of the two options. We apologize for this but when we have uneven draws it forces us to do so.
- Mixed Draw Info - All teams will play two 8 game no-ad pro sets on Friday. Due to the uneven number of mixed doubles teams, 8 teams will be playing their first round match of their bracket on Friday afternoon after their two pro sets. If you bracket feeds out to F or G, you will have a 3rd match Friday afternoon around 1:00. That will give a few of you 3 matches in the day, with two of them only being 8 game no-ad pro sets. On Saturday there is a potential for 4 teams who lose their first match on Saturday to have a total of three on Saturday. We apologize for this but when we have uneven draws it forces us to do so.
- The times listed for the matches are ESTIMATES. You could play anywhere from 30 mins before to 30 mins after the listed time. We really try to stay right on time if not early with all of our draws, but sometimes mother nature, or long matches affect that. So with that, all players must arrive (and ready to play) a minimum of 20 minutes before their listed start time. As soon as courts are available we will be looking to put matches on the courts. If a court is available and we are within the 20 minutes of your estimated match time and you or your partner are not present we will start the default clock of 15 mins. When you arrive for your matches, just check in with the tournament desk letting us know you and your partner are ready to go. As soon as your opponents are available and we have a court we will get you going.
- Arrive a minimum of 30 minutes early for your first match so we will have time to get your team pictures taken and go over all the rules prior to matches. It is the player’s responsibility to keep track of their match times. We will be happy to assist, but whatever is on the actual draw boards posted and whatever is posted on our website are the official times.
- Practice-Warm Up Courts will very rarely be available.
- With the number of matches needed to be played each day we will be using all courts available to us. With so many matches needed to be played we really need all your help to keep things going. Remember if we get behind on your court it will affect your matches later in the day.
- Limit your warm up time to 5 mins. Keep your Change over times to 3 mins max play tennis… chit chat after the matches
- Checking into Hotel Del - 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118, (619) 435-6611 or Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa - 2000 2nd St, Coronado, CA 92118 (619) 435-3000 – All players that have accommodations should check-in at the front desk on their day of arrival.
- Player Clinic – Thursday night at the Balboa Tennis Club - 2221 Morley Field Dr, San Diego, CA 92104. There at two sessions, one at 5:00-6:00, and the other at 6:00-7:00. Please check the schedule online for your designated time.
- All players should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to matches. The time schedule is just a guideline, your court could be called up to 30 minutes before the time listed.
- Players should check-in before EVERY match all weekend at the tournament desk at the facility your match is scheduled. Before the first match players will be given a Racquet War Tennis Towel and other items, plus have their team picture taken.
- Matches start at 8:00 am and run until around 4:00 pm that afternoon. All matches will be held at the Balboa Tennis Club - 2221 Morley Field Dr, San Diego, CA 92104.
- Everyone will be on their own for lunch today but there is a snack bar right at the courts that food can be purchased.
- Racquet War Veterans Ceremony – at Center Court 2:45-3:00. All the current Racquet War Veterans will be recognized and new members will be presented with their Veteran Cups.
- Pro AM Event - Racquet War Staff vs Balboa Tennis Club Pros; at Center Court 3:00-3:30. Watch the Racquet War staff participate against some of the Balboa Tennis Club Pros in one set for the ultimate in bragging rights!
- Match Point Event – at Center Court 3:30-4:30. All players can team up to partner in both women's and mixed doubles and play a 1 point tournament. Cash prizes available. Lots of fun and cash!
- Friday Night Gathering Place and Time TBD. We are securing a good location for us to all gather after dinner Friday night. We will give more details as soon as information is available.
- All Matches start at 8:00 am and run until around 5:00 pm that night.
- Lunch will be provided today from the Snack Bar at the courts
- All Matches start at 8:00 am and run until around 1:00 pm.
San Diego Itinerary
Thursday 4/25/2019 (some players check in on Wednesday)